Sunday, January 11, 2009

'Trashy' weekend

It took the stylist at Peek-a-boo (yes, again) an hour to get my hair done, and it took me 20 mins to wash the chemicals off. The result? Worth it!

Since I have been on a tight budget, I figured I should just do my own make up. I thought it looked okay.. for an amateur.. and considering I don't have that many make up & the right tools.. I never thought it could be so easy and fun, I learn mostly through videos posted on youtube..



Well, here's what I did:
1. Clean face and put on some toner & moisturizer.
2. I applied some MAC cream concealer on scars, redness, etc..
3. I mixed a drop of MAC Strobe cream and Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer on my palm and used the foundation brush by Body Shop to apply it to my face.
4. As you can normally see, I have serious dark circles around my eyes so YSL Touche Eclat did wonders on it. I also put some Shadow Insurance gel by Too Faced as eye shadow primer
5. I used Shimmer eye-shadow by Elianto in Shining Grey all over the eye lid and Black Sea on the bottom crease. They only costs RM5 each, and they're surprisingly great! The colors are intensed and smooth. The trick here is to use proper brush - I use MAC 217 to apply the eye color and MAC 210 to blend. Definitely worth the investment, they make any cheap eye shadow look professionally done.
6. Then, I applied some liquid eyeliner, really closely to the lash line. I got mine AGES ago by Body Shop. I have never been good at this, you need to practice!
7. Next, I curled my eye lashes. I have been using THE curler by Shu Uemura. I do not know the difference between this particular one or other cheaper ones but I got it years ago.. Then I put on some mascara, I have this habit of rubbing my eyes so I need a heavy duty one - Semi Permanent Last Tint by Jemma Kidd.
8. Since I was going for a punk-rock look, I need to create dramatic eyes so fake lashes are KEY. Again, I got mine at Elianto, they only costs RM12 :) There are LOTS of videos posted on youtube on how to wear them so go check them out. They're pretty easy once you give it a try!
9. My eyebrows are naturally thin and sparse (ugly, I tell you). So to get that natural color, I use the slanted brush (Body Shop has one, cheaper than MAC) and dark brown eye shadow to shape it.
10. Finally my eyes are now done. Next is to create some glow to my face. I love the blusher I am currently using - Orgasm by NARS. Another cult product, unfortunately not available here.
11. Lastly, I put on some lip color. My lips are quite dark so I normally apply cream base lipstick to mask the dark pigments. This particular product is something I CANNOT live without - Stila Cream Lip color in Pixie



So.. what did I wear? Ah.. here's the fun part :)



Trashy.. hahah.. oh well.. I have ALWAYS wanted to be a rock star and I thought I was ready for a music video :p




Wearing
T-shirt Dress: Topshop
Full body stocking: i-Socks @ Timesquare (super kinky & trashy store, maybe I'll tell you more about it in my next post)
Ankle Boots: ZARA
Belt: ZARA
Bangles & Rings: Forever 21, H&M

Oh yeah, I played a small part as a 'make-up artist' for our group performance. We (as in them, my team) did a Maori tribal dance. They were awesome! Everyone was synchronized, we had the most organized and identical costume, they or WE? RAWK!!

Me and 1/4 of the team


p/s: Seriously, how can I get rid of those bat-wings and chicken arms??!! THEY PISS ME OFF!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, you look so different than from the last time i saw a pic of you!

you look so cool! kind of punk rock chic! I like it!