Thursday, March 13, 2008

Anxiety

I have this problem - I fumble when I feel pressured to say something! Went to my Toastmasters meeting on Wednesday, was very unlucky, got selected to deliver an impromptu speech. The topic was, of all things, "My Greatest Childhood Memories" - For god's sake!

I don't know why, the first thing that hit my mind was - those days when I used to play my mum's Jane Fonda aerobics on the VCR, and religiously follow the steps, every single day (without fail!) before I go to the kindergarten. Being someone who speaks her mind, naturally that came out of my mouth so here goes my speech:

"I had a freaky childhood. I don't think it was very interesting as the only thing I did was, watch Miss Universe, play Barbie Dolls, do Jane Fonda's workout before going to the kindergarten, borrow my maid's cosmetics and put make up on my school friends. *pause, pressured* I think this has influenced me to be who I am today *shut up!!* then I .. *said something something I couldn't remember* then I went back again to this has influenced me as I am obsessed with shopping now. *WTF??!!!* I don't know why I am telling you all this but this is VERY embarrassing!!"

So yes, it was disastrous.. :( I suck... BIG TIME!! now everyone at work is going to think that I am this snobbish- superficial-thing-so-don't-be-friends-with-her!!

To make things worse, few other girls went up and told stories about THEIR childhood, playing police & thieves, masak-masak, hide & seek in the kampung, etc.. and totally make me look like spoilt brat with pathetic childhood!

Seriously, I may be superficial but I am nice ok.. fine, a bit snobbish.. NO!! I'm actually shy... REALLY!!!!


Wearing
White Shirt: ZARA
Vest: Unknown, Sg Wang
Pants: ZARA
Shoes: ZARA
Necklace: Diva
Bangle: Cats Whiskers

p/s: If you're familiar with the Toastmasters format, I had the least "Hmm" in my speech though.. so I kinda Rawk still..! :p

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Babeeeee, I'm trapped in this platformmmmm till Thursdayyyy and I can't access my Lotus Notes!!!

Little Garage Sales said...

Thursdayy??!! lamanyaaaa!!!! arif ada kat sana..? hehehe.. so friday la baru boleh lepak balik dgn u..? awww... sucks!