Thursday, June 5, 2008

Pampering

After a hectic week or even month, I sometimes indulge myself in a little bit of pamperings. Here are my favourite spots:

Pedicure/Manicure:
Recommended by a friend, I normally have mine at Kool Kutz, Bangsar Village (old wing). As a Muslim, I do not color my nails so what I normally get them to do is to buff/polish my nails. I swear by this treatment because the shine lasts forever! - or at least until the nails grow out, impressive right? RM60 for a pedicure. Pretty pricey but if it lasts for at least 2 months, I think it's worth it. They will do the usuals, soak your feet and soften the heels but on top of that, they will also shave off calluses which totally work. Then they will buff and polish the nails until they get mega shiny.

Wash and Blow salon:
Esprit hair salon in Pavilion so far is the best. Some salons charge extra if you want them to curl your hair instead of the normal blow-straight but not this one. They even come with a menu for complimentary drinks (for chinese tea, sodas, ice lemon tea, etc..) The massage, oh la la.. da bomb!! I once told the hairdresser that I had stiff shoulders and she massaged my neck and shoulder for at least 15 minutes, with no extra charge! RM45

Haircut:
I was impressed by Ming, a haidresser in Bombshell salon in Bangsar. He is a bit bitchy but I thought he did a great job. Unfortunately they have quite a weird business hours so I end up going to Peek-a-boo, also in Bangsar which is a fine fine alternative. The price is quite reasonable I think considering the location and the salon set-up. RM55 for cut+wash+blow

Massage & Spa:
I am quite particular with this one. One thing, I don't enjoy going to unisex spas as I do not like the sight of old men in towels.. erkk.. so, I normally go to Dewi Sri Spa in Plaza Damas. It is of course a ladies only centre and the ambience is quite exclusive. This spa has a Balinese setting and they use the all-natural Martha Tilaar products. RM100 for a 90 mins massage.

Facial:
I have been to a few places, from a budget spa to the high-end salon. If you are prepared to fork out some extras, I would highly recommend the Estee Lauder centre in Metrojaya Midvalley. The treatment room is spacious, they will 'wrap' you in a luxurious towel robe rather than the normal 'tube-dress' in lower-end salons. After your treatment, you can play around with Estee Lauder cosmetics in their make up bar! I have not been there for quite a while so I think the price has gone up to RM180-240 for a facial. Otherwise, Cres Wellness also offers pretty good facials at RM98 per session.

Tomorrow is a public holiday, well at least for The Corporation. Happy holiday, enjoy your pampering sessions. You deserve it!


p/s: do share your experience!

No comments: