Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Panic!

I am officially panic! I currently spend RM80 for full tank of petrol that normally takes me to work 8 times. Now, the cost is up to RM120! .. that is RM160 increase per month.. :(

..and that is petrol alone, not to mention the definite increase in food and other necessities. What has happened to our country.. or even the world??!!

Working for oil & gas company, I have been 'brain-washed' since ages ago that the govt can never sustain the subsidies. In around 2011, believe it or not, Malaysia will have to start importing petrol from other countries. Can you imagine how much the price will be by then..?

I seriously hope something good will come out of this. The government spends 1/3 of our income every year on petrol subsidies so I hope the fund will now go to the right investments and will improve our economy. How they are going to do this, I don't know because the only word that is playing in my head right now is inflation.

This is an eye opener. I guess we have been complacent.. at least I have

No comments: