Saturday, February 9, 2008

Powerpuff Girl




Snapshot Details
Outfit: Sevendays Puffed Sleeves cropped jacket, Topshop vest, H&M Jeans

I am not sure if I really like Bangsar. There was a point when I liked it so much that I was there 3 times in the span of 2 weeks. I have never been able to check out all the boutiques at one go for one, they are all on 1st floor so I'd be too tired to climb the stairs by the time I reach the 5th shop. Secondly, it is not an air conditioned mall but rather rows of shops in a tropical concrete jungle. Thirdly, it is pretty obvious that most of the clothes are stocked from the same manufacturer so if you don't fancy bumping into someone else wearing the same outfit then I'd recommend you to shop elsewhere. Fourth, everything spells - made in Siam

Anyway, I do have some favourites:

1. Sevendays - the owner of this shop is fab. Rozana is very elegant and she makes you wonder if she actually has a full time hair dresser who does her hair every single day. Boutique wise, the shop does not carry that many items but I love most of them and they are very unique. I don't feel the things are stocked elsewhere other than Bangkok but I think the buyer deserves some credit for that unique taste (at least from the other shops in Bangsar).

2. Musse - this shop carries fantastic items, you want to know why? They basically copy designer items (Chloe, Calvin Klein, Marni, etc...) and literally the labels and tags as well. I get annoyed once when they said the clothes are stocked from the designer factories (ie - Bangkok?) hence the pretty steep pricetag. However, if you have a special cocktail party to attend, I'd highly recommend this shop.

3. Shoes shoes shoes - I love the shoes here but if you're someone like me who dont quite believe in spending >RM200 on something you put your feet on (or in), then this may not be worth visiting. They must have been doing very well though that Parkson Pavilion stocks their shoes. Still a treat for the eyes!

4. Oopsies Daisies (however you spell it)/Gossips/Baci - The reason I group these together is, they all have nice, pretty clothes but they tend to have the same stuffs! You're also likely to bump into the same people in these shops - which is annoying factor #2. However, the clothes carry quite reasonable pricetags so what you can do is, maybe go to all 3 shops, see what you like and if you still like it by the 3rd time you see it in another shop from the 1st time you laid your eyes on it, then go for it!

No comments: