Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Vision of the Day

Yes people, today I have been having this VISION* of what I plan to do with this blog. What inspired me? Someone asked - what if people started reading your blog and they leave a comment - "You're nothing but superficial - all you do is shop, travel, read glossy magazines, so how do you contribute to society, again?"

Well.. I want to help people make the right kind of INVESTMENT* by giving them some tips through my own past INVESTMENTs*.. heheh.. so, still superficial? ok ok.. first of all, this will be the place where I write about my travels - so what's the big deal, u might ask? My blog will be a little different as I have been very lucky to have some experience visiting other countries where I know locals so I'll give you some valuable insights on what you can't actually find in www.visit<>.com

I always do a lot of homework before visiting certain places - websites, lonely planet books, etc... but I can hardly find any references to great shops, all websites and lonely planet books tell you is, where the museums are, where the zoo is, where this castle is, yada yada yada.. *yawn* ok, i'm starting to prove you're right, I AM superficial huh? ok, whatever..

Secondly, I want to help you choose the right books, products - why? to help you make the right kind of INVESTMENT*. Isn't that contributing to society? :p

Ok, serious business now - yes, when this space is popular, I'm going to make it your one-stop online lifestyle magazine (great leaders have VISION*, remember?). I'll begin by interviewing some locals, share some insights of these places, tell u something www.visit<>.com won't tell. We'll also do some book reviews, spa, salon, beauty products, gadgets, etc...

So peeps, watch out this space if you want to know more about Dubai. Next will be Melbourne, Australia!

*Footnote (per www.dictionary.com):
vi·sion - [vizh-uhn]
1. the act or power of sensing with the eyes; sight.
2. the act or power of anticipating that which will or may come to be: prophetic vision; the vision of an entrepreneur.

in·vest·ment - [in-vest-muhnt]
1. the investing of money or capital in order to gain profitable returns, as interest, income, or appreciation in value.
2. a particular instance or mode of investing.
3. The act or fact of investing or state of being invested, as with a garment(see, I told you!)

No comments: