Monday, February 11, 2008

Skincare

OK, let's do products review today. Although I have yet to achieve that flawless skin, I can say that I have received several compliments on how 'clear' my skin is. I am not sure if it's the skincare or MAKEUPS I am using but either way, I'm happy! Here are the 5 skincare items I am using now:

1. SKII Facial Treatment Essence



This thing is very pricey (at least for me) but it's worth every penny. The standard size bottle will lasts for about 10-12 months (twice a day application). I think it has improved my skin in terms of clarity and the size of my pores also appear smaller. I also have the typical pale asian complexion but this product makes my skin glow. You can view the long list of benefits here



2. Olay Total Effects


Good ol Olay! Lucky for me, this product perfectly complements the one before - it seals the hole I've burned in my pocket! It does not really do much oil control but at least it keeps my skin moisturized and does not give me any breakouts. I think it also helps in reducing the appearance of my old acne scars. Now, I can even skip make ups! They also come in 2 other variants - Gentle and for Blemish-prone skin.


3. Cellnique Pro-Sebum Gel


I have been using this product for about 3 months and I must say this is something I cannot live without! My skin is very oily and it accummulates a lot of whiteheads. I drag myself to get facials because I end up getting painful extractions but this product is amazing! I dont know how it does it but my skin is A LOT clearer now. Quite pricey but you just need to apply tiny amount on trouble areas and you can feel how smooth your skin is during cleansing. It contains tea-tree & eucalyptus oil. RM139 at Sasa and Watson's



4. Kiehl's Cryste Marine Firming Eye Treatment


OK, I must admit that I am not quite sure if this product is effective as I have only been using it for a few months. It is the first eye treatment cream that I have used and it's all because of Debbie! Well, I went to a cosmetic counter one day to try out some eye shadows and to my horror, this girl (Debbie that is) said I have wrinkles on my eyelids! Nevertheless, this product has a very nice texture. It is not oily and it leaves that velvety effects.


5. Kiehl's Rare-Earth Oatmeal Milk Facial Cleanser


This is a creamy cleanser. It is non-sudsing and can be used as a 'masque'. Just apply a small amount all over your face, leave for 60 seconds for it to absorb the impurities and oil and then rinse. It is also quite pricey for a cleanser so I may not continue using this product as the ones available in supermarkets do the same job. Nevertheless, I love Kiehl's counters as they are very generous with samples! :)

No comments: